<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Reel Deal and Other Bad Jokes
Monday, May 03, 2004
 
Titles in Black
______________________________________
Sorry for the no post on Sunday. Here is Installment 10 of "Nobody's Fool"

"But that's nothing to what they do to unlicensed pickpockets. Those they string up by the fingers. They cut off your nose and brand your face. Oh, and you'll get a few from the cat."
"Who is they?"
"I'll tell you...'they' are the bump in the night. The creak on the stair. The voice in the dark. The chill in your blood, the cold breeze that raises those hairs on the back of your neck."
"Oh, I wouldn't want to meet them, then?"
"I don't think so. But I'll tell you something else. While 'they' never formally introduced themselves to me, 'they' were not happy when I introduced myself to 'them'. Because, sooner or later...everybody need certain things explained. I've found I have a talent for that."
The dwarf's eyes widened. I leaned forward and gave him a friendly smile.
"So. Why don't you tell Uncle Mace your name?" I'm known as "The Maceman" or simply "The Mace" in Kronston because of the huge spiked hammer I carry.
___________________________________________

I seem to be in a dry period. Oh well...stream of consciousness. Camera and lighting today was fucking boring, I mean mind-numbing. There was a quiz and a review for the exam next week. Bleh.

You wanna see a good movie? Check out "Intolerable Cruelty." The photography is GREAT, and of course Catherine Zeta-Jones is hot. I especially liked the scene where the two lawyers were sneaking around carrying mace in the dark house made blue by moonlight (OK, by some HMIs, if you must know). The results were hilarious and predictable. Freddy Bender's actions at the end of the movie constitute some of the best comedy in the film. The head lawyer of the firm (or "foim" as he says) is brilliantly lit as well.

After seeing this movie for the second time, I have to admit that the plot isn't that complicated, and what really makes the movie good is the lighting. Of course, the characters and dialogue help. The script is really quite good. Just not hard to predict, evidently (Mom tried to ruin the movie by predicting everything that was going to happen--and being RIGHT, damn it!).
|

Powered by Blogger

This commenting stuff is powered by HaloScan.com. It is good shit, check them out.
m
Online Masters Degree