<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Reel Deal and Other Bad Jokes
Saturday, May 01, 2004
 
Title Wars: The Return of the Title
_______________________________
Installment 9 of "Nobody's Fool"

They roared past our alley. Some ran down it but they missed the fool. I had already snatched him off his feet and ran around back and into the Dirtwater again. I set him down, and Kahnrad frog-marched him into the back room.
I shut the door and leaned against it. The fool looked apprehensive.
"Do you know what they do to people like you in these parts?" I asked, inspecting my nails.
"The same thing they do in any other dive in any other mountain town, I expect," the dwarf said.
"Pretty much. Did you see the guy behind the bar?"
"Looks like one of those ugly little dogs with squashed faces that rich society ladies have?"
"That's the one. He's Mallet O'Malley. He'll drown you in a street puddle and nail your beard and scalp to the wall like a hunting trophy."
The fool flinched. I made a note to use that story again sometime. It got good results.
____________________________________________

I have got nothing done today. At all.
|

Powered by Blogger

This commenting stuff is powered by HaloScan.com. It is good shit, check them out.
m
Online Masters Degree